Cloud version: 15.0-CROC1¶
We’d like to announce the new feature - Network Interfaces. Network Interface is an Instance’s “port” in a Subnet or Virtual Switch. Every Instance will get its own set of Network Interfaces, each of which contains parameters of a virtual “port”.
- Virtual switch Interfaces can be moved between Instances.
- You’ll be able to modify Security Groups set for Subnet Network Interfaces.
- SourceDestCheck parameter now applies at Network Interface level and can be modified with ModifyNetworkInterfaceAttribute method.
You can find more information about Network Interfaces API here Network Interfaces.
Private IP Addresses
Private IP Addresses API is replaced with Network Interfaces API.
Elastic IP Addresses
Elastic IP Addresses are now associated with Network Interfaces instead of Private IP Addresses. You can find more information about updated methods here Addresses.
- Routes in Route Tables are now created via Network Interfaces instead of Private IP Addresses.
- Route Table association with Subnet now returns association ID (rtbassoc ID).
- DescribeRoutetables method was aligned with AWS API. You can find more information about updated methods here Route Table.
These changes will let you manage Route Tables, Elastic IP Addresses and Network Interfaces with common automation tools.
CROC Cloud console
- The new Network Interfaces page will be added. You’ll be able to:
- Create Network Interface
- Delete Network Interface
- Attach Virtual Switch Network Interface to Instance
- Detach Virtual Switch Network Interface from Instance (Primary Network Interface cannot be detached)
- Change Network Interface description
- Change Security Groups set for Subnet Network Interface
- Associate Elastic IP Address with Subnet Network Interface
- Disassociate Elastic IP Address from Subnet Network Interface
- Network Interface tabs will be added to Virtual Switches and Subnets pages
- Private IP Addresses tab will be replaced with Network Interfaces tab.